Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Chapter 2: This, Too?

In this chapter, Nancy Ortberg talks about being grateful for what God has given us. She speaks of the overwhelming feelings we have, and how those feelings are gratitude to God. She gives examples of having a baby, seeing an amazing sight such as the Northern Lights, and watching the sun set on the beach.

She says that everywhere we see goodness, we see God.

My prayer:

Dear God,
Thank you for giving me life. For allowing me to see, hear, taste, touch and smell. For giving me parents who loved me and took care of me, and who raised me to love You. Thank you for all that I have. For Mike, and for Blake. For a church that feels so much like home. Thank you for Lilly, what an honor to know that You chose MY daughter to be with You. Please show her how proud we are. Thank you for making me who I am. Please, continue to mold me. Amen.

No comments: